Sunday, March 04, 2007

Dying for a Wii

See that up there? That's a piss joke, that is.

The reason for such highbrow humour is that it's now 3 months since launch (5 since I ordered it) and I still haven't received my new Nintendo console.

I've got one on order with an online retailer, the first time I've ever done so with a new console, because I thought it would mean I'd be guaranteed one at launch, but a mealy-mouthed e-mail a few weeks before launch put paid to that. I think I would have probably been better off negotiating The Dance of the Idiot and pre-ordering at a high street games shop, but in fairness it probably wasn't their fault, as it seems everybody was over promised/under delivered units.

Another reason for my 'electro-purchase' was the slightly lower price and the fact that it would be delivered right to my door, but at this point I'd gladly hike to Antarctica in the nude if it meant I could pick one up straight away.

Twilight Princess turned up though, but at this point the only pleasure I can take from it involves rubbing the case against my body in a slightly unseemly way.

No comments: