Thursday, June 07, 2007

Olympic Pains

I can't say I give much of a flying shit about the new London Olympics Logo, but to be fair I don't give much of a shit about the London Olympics at all.

Looking back at motifs used for previous Olympic Games, it's certainly no worse than most of them, particularly the one that looks vaguely like a cartoon phallus.

I already can't wait for it to be over, and it's five years before the damn thing even starts.

For me, the Olympic Games only means one event: chase your favourite programmes around the schedules. Although, it'll probably be on the BBC, right? It occurs to me that I hardly watch anything on BBC1 or 2 anyway, and with more high-tech recording devices (and other methods) we're already increasingly in a situation these days where we can choose our own viewing entertainment, whenever we want it.

I wonder how many people watch the Olympics just because it's there. I'd laugh my head off in 2012 if it turns out the 100 metres actually got 3 viewers because everyone else was off watching a cat be sick on YouTube.

No comments: