Tuesday, September 26, 2006

American 'English'

Have a glance at this and tell me if you notice anything.

No, not the effortlessly tedious Blair/Brown no-love affair - I'd sooner attempt hack my head off with another man's penis than write about politics. No, I was referring to the rather curious spelling of 'Labour' throughout the article.

Given that the term 'Labour Party' is a proper noun, it shouldn't be subject to being 'Americanized', should it? You'd think someone writing for the New York Times would know that, even if it is just the online edition.

Ordinarily, I could care less, however this is the week that the film World Trade Center (yes, spelt like that) opens in the UK, which rather smacks of having your cake and eating it.

That special relationship, eh? If it's all about give and take, it's fairly clear who's taking it.

No comments: